size minus font plus  

  Case-filing information 




  Appellate Filer
  Clerk's Office Directory
  Electronic Payment
  Fee Schedule
  File a Document (CM/ECF)
  Forms and Instructions
  Update CM/ECF
    Appellate Filer


Home | Case-Filing | Appealing a Case in the Second Circuit | How to Appeal a Civil Case

Civil appeal pre-argument statement

A counseled appellant taking a civil appeal from the district court or Tax Court must file a Civil Appeal Pre-Argument Statement, Form C, with the circuit clerk within 14 days after filing the notice of appeal or petition for review or the entry of an order granting permission to appeal pursuant to FRAP 5. A counseled appellant whose appeal qualifies as a matter appropriate for the Expedited Appeals Calendar under LR 31.2(b) must ensure the appropriate box is checked on Form C to indicate the type of order being appealed. The form is available on the Court's website.



Last modified at 12/17/2010