size minus font plus  

  Case-filing information 




  Appellate Filer
  Clerk's Office Directory
  Electronic Payment
  Fee Schedule
  File a Document (CM/ECF)
  Forms and Instructions
  Update CM/ECF
    Appellate Filer


Home | Case-Filing | Appealing a Case in the Second Circuit | How to Appeal a Civil Case

Payment for the transcript

At the time of ordering the transcript, satisfactory arrangements must be made with the reporter for payment of the transcript. The completed Civil Appeal Transcript Information Form D or Form D-P must be presented to the court reporter who recorded the trial transcripts. At the time of ordering the transcript, counsel must establish a mutually agreeable arrangement with the court reporter for payment since the court reporter generally will not begin transcribing until payment terms are established. It is important that the dates on Form D or Form D-P reflect the exact dates of the required transcripts.


All necessary transcripts have been placed on order once Form D or Form D-P is filed. Any amendment, correction, or supplement to the initial transcript order must be submitted in writing to the court reporter with a copy forwarded to the Court of Appeals and to the district court clerk. Absent extraordinary circumstances, the Court may impose sanctions for subsequent delays for failing to order all necessary transcript(s) in a timely manner.


If appellant orders less than the entire transcript of proceedings, within 14 days after filing the Notice of Appeal, appellant must file with the circuit clerk and serve on appellee the certificate or transcript order and a statement of the issues appellant intends to raise on appeal. If the appellee considers it necessary to have a transcript of additional proceedings, the appellee must advise the appellant within 14 days after the service of appellant's statement. If the appellant does not order the additional transcripts within 14 days of receiving the appellee's statement, the appellee may either order the additional transcripts or move in the district court for an order requiring the appellant to do so. See FRAP 10(b)(3).



Last modified at 12/17/2010