size minus font plus  

  Case-filing information 




  Appellate Filer
  Clerk's Office Directory
  Electronic Payment
  Fee Schedule
  File a Document (CM/ECF)
  Forms and Instructions
  Update CM/ECF
    Appellate Filer


Home | Case-Filing | Appealing a Case in the Second Circuit | How to Appeal a Criminal Case

Payment for the transcript


At the time of ordering the transcript, satisfactory payment arrangements must be made with the reporter for payment of the transcript. Counsel appointed under the CJA must complete Authorization and Voucher for Payment CJA Form 24, obtain the trial judge's signature, and forward it to the court reporter along with Transcript Information Form B. At the time of ordering the transcript, retained counsel must establish a mutually agreeable arrangement with the court reporter for payment since the court reporter generally will not begin transcribing until payment terms are established. It is important that the dates on Form B reflect the exact dates of the required transcripts. See FRAP 10(b)(4).


It is assumed that all necessary minutes have been placed on order once Form B is filed. Any amendment, correction, or supplement to the initial transcript order must be submitted in writing to the court reporter with a copy forwarded to the Court of Appeals and to the district court clerk. Absent extraordinary circumstances, the Court may impose sanctions for subsequent delays for failing to order all necessary transcript(s) in a timely manner.



Last modified at 12/20/2010